It’s easy to feel like you’re just another claim number when you’re dealing with the Social Security Disability system or a big insurance company after an accident. Unfortunately, that’s the way they look at you. At a time in your life when you are at your most vulnerable, you are dealing with a complex and oftentimes callous system that can leave you feeling like you’ll never get the benefits or compensation you need.
At the Disability Law Firm, we understand your frustration, and we’re here to help. At the heart of our firm, we are people helping people. We enjoy getting to know our clients and helping them reach the light at the end of the tunnel.
Are you ready to let a compassionate professional manage your Social Security Disability claim or personal injury case? Please contact us today for a free, no obligation case review.
Why Choose Us?
- Attorney Robert Alston and his trusted team have been advocating for the rights of severely injured and disabled individuals for more than 20 years. (now 22 years)
- We believe in treating clients like we would treat a member of our own family. After all, our own experiences inspired us to focus on these types of cases.
- Our team maintains regular communication with each of our clients. We are proactive about reaching out to check on you and give you updates on your case. You will never have a problem getting ahold of us. The last sentence is just too informal. Something that we are always available to discuss your case. Or that we can be reached via text, email and phone.
- We are here to help even after your case is resolved. If you ever have a question about your benefits or a problem, our door is always open.
Our Proven Process for Handling Disability Claims
The Social Security system is notoriously slow. After you have filed a claim for benefits, it’s typical to bet met with radio silence. “bet” I assume should be “met”. I like the idea but I think the term “radio silence” is not relatable. I’m old and like history but I don’t think a vast majority of people will get the meaning. Over the years, the Disability Law Firm has developed a proven process for keeping SSD claims moving forward efficiently. Our team checks in with the Social Security Administration every 30 days to make sure our clients’ cases are not stuck in limbo somewhere. I like “lost on someone’ desk” instead of the “stuck in limbo somewhere”. This phrase is not as vivid a word picture. We know who to call and what to ask about. We also keep our clients updated every time something changes in their case.
When you hire the Disability Law Firm, you always have someone looking out for you.
What to Expect When You Contact Us
Hiring an attorney is an important decision. That’s why we take the time to talk with you and answer your questions in a free, no obligation case review. We want you to feel comfortable that your case is in the right hands.
When you contact us:
- We will start by discussing your injury or illness and the medical treatment you have received. If you are pursuing a disability claim, we will discuss your work history. If you need to file a personal injury claim, we will walk through the details of your accident and discuss who could be held liable.
- If we believe we can help you, we will send you the official documents to retain our services. You do not pay any fees upfront for us to begin work on your case. You just sign the documents and we get to work. (Our fee comes as an agreed-upon percentage of the compensation we ultimately recover for you. If we don’t win, you don’t pay us.)
- We will ask for a list of your treating providers, work history, and any documentation you have related to your injury, illness, or accident. If you need help finding a doctor after an auto accident, we can work with you to get the treatment you need.
- We prepare you for what to expect as your case moves forward. We will also let you know what you can do to help with your case.
- Our team will continue to check in with regular updates on your case. Even if the status of your disability claim has not changed, we will connect with you every 30 days just to see how you are doing and let you know we are still here. We check with SSA every 30 days during part of the process but we don’t necessarily call the client every 30 days throughout the case. So may just be best to eliminate this bullet point than trying to rewrite.
A majority of the work we do can be completed over the phone or electronically. This means you don’t need to worry about traveling anywhere to meet with us.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Social Security Disability Lawyer?
If you are considering whether to file a disability claim on your own or hire a lawyer to handle your case, consider this:
- A lawyer has extensive experience with the Social Security Disability claims process. At the Disability Law Firm, we have handled thousands of claims, from initial filings to complex appeals. We can help you avoid the common mistakes that people make when trying to handle their own claims.
- You get peace of mind knowing that a professional is looking out for you. You don’t have to worry about getting the paperwork right or struggling to get ahold of someone at the Social Security Administration. We handle all the details, allowing you to focus on your health and your family.
- You don’t pay for a disability lawyer unless your claim is successful. You don’t have to worry about coming up with any money upfront or out of pocket “costs” to hire a lawyer. We only get paid as a percentage of your recovery.
Talk to a Knowledgeable Attorney Today
If you’ve been seriously hurt in an accident or are struggling with a long-term disability, you are not alone. Attorney Robert Alston and his caring team at the Disability Law Firm are here to help. Contact us today for a free review of your case.