Zephyrhills Car Accident Lawyer
If you were seriously injured in a car accident in Zephyrhills, turn to the experienced attorneys at The Disability Law Firm for help. Our trusted Zephyrhills car accident lawyers fight for the rights of crash victims across Pasco County who’ve been hurt by the carelessness or recklessness of others. We demand full and fair payment for medical expenses, vehicle repair or replacement, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Let us help you get back on your feet after a crash. Call us or reach out to us online to speak with a skilled Zephyrhills car accident lawyer during a free consultation. We’ll answer all your questions, and we won’t charge you anything unless and until we win your case.
Do You Have a Car Accident Claim?
If you were hurt in a car crash, you may have a claim to compensation for your losses. The most common scenario that results in a car accident claim is when a negligent driver caused the accident. However, you may also have a claim when the accident was caused by a vehicle defect or by poor road conditions from lack of government maintenance. Ultimately, if someone else was at fault for your crash, you should speak with a trusted Zephyrhills car accident lawyer about your right to pursue an injury claim.
Benefits of Hiring a Zephyrhills Car Accident Lawyer
Pursuing a car accident claim on your own can quickly prove complicated and stressful. Insurance adjusters have extensive experience dealing with car accident claims. They have a wide variety of tactics to get car accident victims to accept less than the full value of their claim. A Zephyrhills car accident lawyer from our firm can help you demand the fair compensation you deserve by:
- Investigating the accident to secure important evidence, such as accident scene photos, police accident reports, eyewitness testimony, damage to the vehicles involved, and surveillance camera footage
- Reviewing the evidence from the wreck, including hiring accident reconstruction experts where necessary, to conclusively determine how the crash occurred and identify the party at fault
- Speaking with your medical providers to understand the nature and extent of your injuries and disabilities
- Working with medical experts, vocational professionals, economists, and other experts to demonstrate the long-term effects of your injuries
- Collecting records to support your claimed expenses and losses
- Walking you through what to expect during the claims process so that you are empowered to make the best decisions on your behalf
- Filing all the necessary paperwork with the at-fault parties and insurance companies
- Handling communications and negotiations with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers, and vigorously pursuing a fair and full car accident settlement on your behalf
- Taking your case to court when a fair settlement cannot be reached, and advocating for your rights and interests at trial
What Compensation Can Be Recovered After a Car Accident in Zephyrhills?
When you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Zephyrhills, you may be entitled to seek compensation for expenses and losses that you have incurred, such as:
- Medical treatment expenses, including hospital bills, prescription and medical equipment costs, and physical therapy
- Repair or replacement costs for vehicle or other property damage
- Loss of wages or income if you miss time from work while recovering from your injuries
- Loss of future earnings if you cannot go back to work or work full-time due to your injuries or resulting disabilities
- Loss of quality of life due to reduced life expectancy, scarring or disfigurement, or disabilities
- Pain and suffering and emotional harm and distress
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal auto accident, your family may also be entitled to pursue justice through a wrongful death claim. Although no amount of money can make up for such a devastating loss, a full settlement or jury award could ease the financial burdens you are facing.
How Is Fault Determined in a Car Accident?
To prove fault for a car accident in Zephyrhills, our firm will look to use every piece of available evidence to conclusively establish how the accident occurred and to identify those responsible. Examples of evidence we use in car accident claims include:
- Information from electronic data recorders, devices similar to airplane black boxes that are equipped to some newer vehicles, which record information about a car’s operation, including speed, acceleration, braking, and steering
- Police accident reports, or traffic citations or arrest reports arising from the accident
- Eyewitness and bystander testimony
- Accident scene photos and video
- Footage from dashcams or from nearby surveillance or traffic cameras
- Vehicle damage/repair reports
- Medical records from the treatment of your injuries
What to Do After a Car Accident
Important actions to take following a car crash in Zephyrhills include:
- Save any evidence from the accident scene. This includes the names, contact information, and insurance information from each driver involved. Save any photos or videos you took of the accident scene. Also hold on to the names and contact information for any witnesses you spoke to.
- Follow the treatment recommendations and instructions your doctor gives you. Attend all follow-up appointments, get the recommended diagnostic tests, and take the time to rest if that’s what is ordered. If you decline or delay treatment, you may give the insurance company a reason to argue that you were not seriously injured.
- Retain copies of any bills, invoices, and receipts from expenses you incur due to the accident. Start a file to keep all your accident-related paperwork in once place.
- Do not discuss the accident or your legal claim with family and friends or on social media. If you are still treating the injuries you suffered from the crash, avoid having photos or video of yourself posted on social media. Insurers often try to find statements or social media posts made by accident victims that contradict the official allegations in their claim for compensation. Those contradictory statement may hurt your credibility.
Finally, speak with a Zephyrhills car accident attorney about the next steps for pursuing a claim for compensation. An attorney from our firm can help you fight for the full payment you deserve and save you from making any mistakes that could hurt your case.
How Long After a Car Accident Can You Claim Injury?
Under Florida’s statute of limitations on car accident claims, you typically have four years from the date of a crash to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver or other parties responsible. This may seem like plenty of time. But evidence disappears quickly, and much legal work needs to be done to prepare your claim. The sooner you speak with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Zephyrhills, the better off you will be.
Common Injury Cases We Handle from Car Accidents in Pasco County
At the Disability Law Firm, we have a long track record of helping Pasco County car accident victims recover from all types of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Herniated or bulging spinal discs
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Nerve injury
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injury and internal bleeding
- Burns and road rash
- Fractured bones
- Ligament sprain and tears
- Muscle and tendon strains and tears
Common Causes of Car Accident in Zephyrhills
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Zephyrhills include:
- Speeding, including driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating, or following another vehicle too closely
- Failing to stop for red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to signal or check mirrors and blind spots before changing lanes or turning
- Driving under the influence or alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while feeling drowsy or fatigued
- Driving while distracted by cellphone use, food or drink, adjusting the car radio/climate control, or talking with other passengers
- Inexperience behind the wheel
- Poor road conditions
- Nighttime or low lighting
- Vehicle or part defects
Talk to a Zephyrhills Car Accident Attorney Now
If you were injured in a Zephyrhills car accident due to a careless driver or another party, don’t wait to get the legal advice you need. The Disability Law Firm will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and answer all your questions.
You don’t have to pick up the pieces of your life alone. Let us help make you whole again.