Pasco County Car Accident Lawyer
A serious car accident can turn your life upside. A devastating crash can leave you with disabling or even life-threatening injuries. You may be facing significant medical bills and other expenses, all while not being able to work. At the Disability Law Firm, we believe that no one should be forced to shoulder the financial burdens of recovering from a car accident that was someone else’s fault. A Pasco County car accident lawyer from our firm can help you demand the justice you deserve.
With more than 20 years of experience, our legal team has the skills and the resources to take on even the toughest car insurance companies. We manage all communication with the at-fault party and the insurance company to take those burdens off you. Our firm does all the work so you can focus on your health and your recovery.
Contact us today for a free initial case evaluation with an experienced Pasco County car accident lawyer. We’re ready to discuss your legal options for pursuing a claim for compensation from the driver or other party at fault for the crash. You can rest easy knowing that our law firm does not charge any fees to start work on your case. In fact, you only pay us if we recover money for you.
Do You Have a Car Accident Case?
You may have a claim for compensation if the crash that injured you was caused by another driver operating a vehicle in a careless or reckless manner. Examples include drunk driving, speeding, and distracted driving. If a vehicle defect or negligent maintenance of the roads by the local or state government led to your crash, you may also have a claim for compensation.
In addition to showing that another party caused the accident, you and your lawyer must show that you suffered losses that you can be financially compensated for. This includes medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional harm.
If you are ready to discuss the details of your case with a trusted Pasco County car accident attorney, please contact us today. We are here to answer your questions and help you decide on the best path forward.
How a Pasco County Car Accident Lawyer Can Help After a Crash
If you’ve been harmed in a car crash, you shouldn’t have to face the insurance companies on your own. A Pasco County car accident lawyer from the Disability Law Firm can help you by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the crash and recovering any evidence that may prove critical to your legal claim
- Working with your medical providers to understand the extent of your injuries and the impact they may have on your future life
- Documenting the full extent of your financial and personal losses from the accident
- Collaborating with accident reconstruction experts when necessary to prepare a persuasive argument that shows how the wreck happened and how the at-fault party caused it
- Identifying all possible sources of compensation, including looking to your own insurance coverage
- Explaining the claims process so that you know what to expect at each stage of the proceedings
- Filing your claims with the insurance companies and vigorously pursuing a fair and full settlement through negotiations with adjusters
- Preparing your claim to be filed in court if a lawsuit is necessary
Demanding Full Compensation After a Car Accident in Pasco County
If someone else caused your car accident, you might be entitled to fair and full compensation for the losses you incurred, including for:
- Costs of medical treatment, including ER visits, surgeries, prescription medication, physical and occupational therapy, and medical or mobility equipment purchases
- Costs to repair your vehicle and other damaged property or the cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the accident
- Lost wages or income from missed work
- Loss of future earning capacity due to disabilities or limitations that affect your ability to work
- Future treatment and long-term care expenses
- Physical pain, emotional trauma, and distress
- Reduced enjoyment or quality of life due to significant scarring, disfigurement, or disabilities
No one can give you an accurate estimate of what your case is worth right at the start. It takes time to understand how your injuries will affect you. Any rush to settle your car accident case could leave you with unexpected expenses and losses down the line.
Let a Pasco County car accident attorney from the Disability Law Firm help you determine the full value of your case. We will fight fiercely for the maximum compensation you deserve.
How to Prove Fault in a Car Accident Case
In car accident claims, our firm looks for every available piece of evidence to show conclusively how the crash occurred and identify those responsible for causing the accident.
Evidence that we frequently use in car accident cases includes:
- Police crash reports
- Accident scene photos
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance or traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage
- Downloaded data from each vehicle’s electronic data recorder, whenever available
- Vehicle damage and repair reports
- Accident reconstruction expert reports
What You Can Do to Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident in Pasco County
Although you may feel helpless at times after a serious accident, there are steps you can take to protect your legal options for recovering compensation. These include:
- Follow all the treatment instructions and recommendations you receive. This includes getting the required diagnostic tests, attending all follow-up appointments, and getting the rest you need to heal. If you do not follow your treatment plan, the insurance company may try to argue that your injuries are not as serious as you claim.
- Keep copies of all bills, receipts, and invoices, as well as copies of your paystubs, tax returns, or income statements if you suffered any lost wages. You may also want to consider keeping a journal to document your recovery and how your injuries have affected your daily life.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your legal case on social media and posting photos or videos of yourself while still recovering from your injuries. Insurance companies often monitor accident victims’ social media accounts for posts they can use to contradict an injury victim’s official claims.
- Speak to a car accident attorney in Pasco County, FL. You need someone qualified to deal with the insurance companies and fight for the full compensation you are owed. Do not try to handle an injury claim on your own.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit
After a car accident in Pasco County, the statute of limitations under Florida law gives you only four years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. Your claim doesn’t begin there, though. Instead, this lawsuit would be one of the last steps in your pursuit of financial compensation. You need an experienced lawyer on your side from the beginning to investigate your case and build a strong claim for compensation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Pasco County
Examples of frequent causes of car crashes in Pasco County include:
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Otherwise ignoring traffic controls
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Tired or fatigued driving
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving, eating or drinking food, or grooming or applying makeup in the mirror
- Unsafe turns or lane changes when failing to signal or check mirrors
- Inexperience behind the wheel
- Vehicle defects
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some of the most common injuries that victims of car accidents suffer include:
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and bruising
- Soft-tissue injuries such as ligament sprains, tendon strains, or tears
- Herniated disc injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injuries or internal bleeding
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burns (from fires)
- Road rash (if ejected from the car)
Talk to a Pasco County Car Accident Attorney Now
Do not wait to get the legal advice you need after a serious motor vehicle accident. Contact The Disability Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We represent crash victims throughout Dade City, Wesley Chapel, New Port Richey, Zephyrhills, and surrounding areas. A Pasco County car accident attorney from our team can explain your legal right to compensation and help you fight for the full recovery you deserve.