Polk County Car Accident Lawyer
A serious car accident can upend your life. You may be left with devastating injuries and disabilities that make working difficult or even impossible. You may face mounting financial challenges due to costly medical bills and lost wages. If you have been hurt in a crash in Polk County that was caused by someone else, you should not have to bear the financial consequences of your injuries. Talk to a trusted Polk County car accident lawyer now.
At the Disability Law Firm, we have been helping car accident victims in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Haines City, and throughout Polk County for more than 20 years. Our firm has earned a reputation for providing the personal service, respect, and compassion that crash victims deserve. We treat each client like we would want our family and friends to be treated. And we work to build lasting relationships with everyone we work with so that every client knows they can always come back to us for help.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation with a Polk County car accident attorney to learn more about whether you may be entitled to compensation. There is no charge for us to start work on your case. You only pay if we win money for you.
Do You Have a Car Accident Claim?
You may have a viable car accident claim if you have suffered an injury in a collision that was caused by a careless or reckless driver. For example, if you were involved in an accident because another driver was speeding, ran a red light, failed to signal before turning or changing lanes, or was breaking the law at the time of the crash (such as by drunk driving), you may have a claim for compensation.
In addition, if your crash and the resulting injuries were caused by a defective auto part or by a poorly maintained roadway, you may be able to file a claim against the responsible party.
The best way to know whether you have a case is to speak with a knowledgeable Polk County car accident lawyer. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us answer your questions.
Why Work with a Polk County Car Accident Lawyer?
After a serious car accident, you should not have to go up against the insurance companies on your own. Let a Polk County car accident lawyer help you demand the fair financial compensation you need by:
- Thoroughly investigating the crash, including recovering accident scene photos, police accident reports, eyewitness statements, traffic or surveillance camera footage, and vehicle repair reports
- Reviewing the evidence from the crash, working with accident reconstructions experts where necessary, to determine the cause of the crash and identify the party or parties responsible
- Calculating your ongoing and future expenses and losses, including future treatments and lost income, to ensure we pursue full compensation on your behalf
- Filing your claims with the insurance companies and vigorously pursuing a fair car accident settlement
- Preparing your case to go to court if it becomes necessary so that the insurer knows we are ready to do what it takes to fight for the results you deserve
How Do You Prove Fault After a Car Accident?
Most car accident claims require careful review of different pieces of evidence to determine how the wreck occurred and who is responsible. Evidence typically used in car accident cases includes:
- Accident scene photos
- Dashcam or nearby traffic or surveillance camera footage
- Police accident reports
- Vehicle damage and inspection reports
- Eyewitness statements and testimony
- Accident reconstruction expert reports
- Medical records from treatment of your injuries
When you contact the Disability Law Firm, we will work quickly to launch an investigation into your case and preserve all evidence before it is lost or destroyed. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started.
What Payment Can Be Recovered After a Car Accident in Polk County?
If you were hurt in a car accident in Polk County, you may be entitled to recover compensation from those responsible, including payment for:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, prescriptions, and purchases of medical or mobility equipment like braces or crutches
- Costs to repair your vehicle or other damaged property, or the cash value of your car if it was totaled in the accident
- Lost wages or income if you miss work while treating or recovering from injuries
- Loss of future earning potential due to long-term or permanent disability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduction in your quality of life due to scarring or disfigurement or disability from your injuries
At the Disability Law Firm, our team will demand the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. We want any settlement or award to help make you feel whole again after a life-altering accident.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
Under Florida’s statute of limitations on car accident claims, you typically have four years from the date of the wreck to file a personal injury lawsuit against those at fault. There is a lot of legal legwork that must be done to build a strong claim, though. So do not wait to speak with a trusted car accident lawyer in Polk County. If the time limit runs out on your claim, you will almost certainly be barred from recovering compensation.
What to Do to Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident
You can take steps in the days, weeks, and months following a motor vehicle accident to protect your legal rights. These include:
- See a doctor immediately and follow all treatment instructions. Don’t delay or defer any recommended treatment, otherwise, you may impact the credibility of a later claim for compensation.
- Keep copies of any bills or invoices for expenses you incur due to the accident. Also, have copies of your paystubs or income statements on hand if you miss time from work.
- Save any evidence you have from the accident scene, including photos, videos, and eyewitness contact information.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your legal case with family and friends. If you are still undergoing treatment for injuries you suffered in the accident, avoid physical activities, especially if you have been told by your doctor to avoid them. Stay off social media during this time, as well.
- Speak with a knowledgeable Polk County car accident lawyer about your case as soon as possible. You will want to give your attorney as much time as possible to investigate your claim so that you have the full scope of legal options available to you to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Car accidents can lead to a wide variety of injuries, such as:
- Severe lacerations, contusions, and bleeding
- Broken bones
- Ligament strains and tears
- Tendon and muscle strains and tears
- Whiplash injuries
- Nerve damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash (if a person is ejected from the vehicle in a crash)
- Burns and smoke inhalation injuries (if the crash causes a car to catch on fire)
- Crush injuries
- Head injuries, including eye trauma or vision/hearing damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Polk County
Some of the most frequent causes of car crashes in Polk County include:
- Reckless driving
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Unsafe lane changes or turns, including not signaling or checking mirrors
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Distracted driving, such as due to looking at a cellphone, eating or drinking, reaching around the passenger compartment, or interacting with other occupants
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Inexperienced drivers
- Poor road conditions, including black ice, potholes, or debris
- Vehicle defects
Talk to a Polk County Car Accident Attorney Now
After a serious auto crash, reach out to the Disability Law Firm to talk to a Polk County car accident attorney in a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll be ready to discuss your rights and explain how our firm could help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.