Lakeland Car Accident Lawyer
A car crash can turn your life upside down in a matter of a few seconds. You may be left with serious injuries that require expensive treatment and force you out of work for weeks, months, or longer. If you have been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else, you need to learn about your right to compensation for the losses you are facing. Talk to a Lakeland car accident lawyer from the Disability Law Firm today.
At the Disability Law Firm, we have earned a reputation for fighting on behalf of those who have been hurt in serious car crashes. We have seen how some insurance companies delay and deny claims and work to avoid paying accident victims the financial recovery they deserve. With more than 20 years of experience handling complex personal injury claims, our legal team has the skills and the resources to take on the big-name insurance companies. Let us handle all the hard work in your case while you focus on getting better.
Contact us today for a free case review with a trusted Lakeland car accident lawyer. You pay nothing for our service unless we successfully recover compensation in your case.
Do You Have a Car Accident Case?
You may have a case to recover compensation for injuries after a car accident if your crash was caused by another driver’s negligence. Examples of reckless, unsafe, or illegal behavior behind the wheel include speeding, drunk driving, and distracted driving. You may also have a claim to compensation if the accident was caused by defective or poorly maintained roads, or by a design or manufacturing defect in one of the vehicles involved.
The best way to determine whether you have a case for compensation is to speak with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Lakeland. Contact the Disability Law Firm today for a free review of your case.
Why You Need an Experienced Lakeland Car Accident Lawyer
After a car wreck injury in Lakeland, you should not try to go up against the insurance companies on your own. Insurance adjusters have extensive experience in getting accident victims to accept less than the full value of their claim.
An experienced Lakeland car accident lawyer from the Disability Law Firm can protect your best interests and fight for the maximum financial recovery you deserve by:
- Investigating the accident to find every bit of evidence needed to show how the crash occurred and identify the parties at fault
- Documenting the full extent of your losses, including intangible losses and future anticipated losses
- Working with accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, economists, life-care planners, and other experts to craft a strong case for full compensation
- Managing all communication with the insurance company and dealing with the adjusters on your behalf so that you can stay focused on your treatment and recovery
- Negotiating for a fair and full car accident settlement on your behalf
- Taking your claim to court if necessary to pursue the best possible outcome for you
What Damages Can Be Recovered After a Car Accident in Lakeland?
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by somebody else, you may be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and losses such as:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, physical rehab, prescriptions, or mental health therapy
- Costs to repair your vehicle or other damaged property, or the cash value of your totaled car
- Long-term care expenses, such as home maintenance services or home healthcare services
- Loss of income if you miss work while recovering from your injuries
- Lost future earnings if your injuries cause disabilities that prevent you from working
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life due to permanent scarring or disfigurement or due to disabilities interfering with daily living
How Do You Prove Fault After an Auto Accident?
To prove fault, our legal team will gather extensive evidence, such as:
- Accident scene photos and video
- Police accident reports
- Vehicle damage/repair reports
- Information from each vehicle’s electronic data recorder, a device found in many newer vehicles similar to an airplane’s “black box,” which records data about the vehicle’s performance, such as speed, braking, acceleration, or steering
- Eyewitness statements
- Nearby surveillance or traffic camera footage
- Accident reconstruction reports prepared by experts who review evidence from the wreck to form an opinion about how the crash occurred
How to Protect Your Legal Rights After a Car Accident in Lakeland
After a car crash in Lakeland, you can take steps to protect your legal options for pursuing a claim for compensation.
- Follow all treatment recommendations and instructions that your doctors give you. Be sure to get all recommended diagnostics tests and attend all follow-up visits. Also take the time to get the rest you need if that’s what the doctor orders.
- Keeping copies of all bills, invoices, and receipts for any expenses. Save copies of your paystubs or income statements as well to verify your lost income. Start a file to keep all your paperwork in one place.
- Avoiding discussing the accident or posting photos or video of yourself on social media. Insurance companies often try to use accident victims’ social media posts to discredit an injury claim by showing that the accident victim made inconsistent statements. Anything you post can be used against you.
- Talk to a Lakeland car accident attorney about your rights and options. An attorney can explain your next steps and protect you from making mistakes that could hurt your case.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Injury Claim
If you wish to pursue a lawsuit against the driver or party responsible for the car accident that injured you, the statute of limitations in Florida requires you to file suit within four years of the date of the crash. A Lakeland car accident lawyer from our firm can review the details of your case and begin work immediately to pursue a claim. Although four years may seem like plenty of time, the sooner you get legal representation, the better off you will be. Contact us now to get started.
Common Injuries Caused by Car Wrecks
At the Disability Law Firm, our skilled legal team has more than two decades of experience helping accident victims recover from serious injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Soft-tissue injuries such as herniated discs, ligament sprains/tears, or tendon and muscle strains/tears
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Lakeland
In Lakeland, some of the most common reasons for car accidents include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Tailgating/following too closely
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while drowsy or tired
- Texting while driving or other distracted driving behavior
- Unsafe turning or lane changes
- Failing to signal
- Failing to look at mirrors
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Inexperienced drivers
- Bad weather
- Poor road conditions
- Vehicle design/manufacturing defects
Talk to a Lakeland Car Accident Attorney Now
Don’t put off pursuing the accountability and justice you deserve after being hurt in a car accident that you didn’t cause. Get your free case review with a trusted car accident attorney in Lakeland now. At the Disability Law Firm, we’ll be ready to discuss your crash and explain how we can help you seek the fair compensation you need.